Thursday, June 2, 2011

FFWD Week #35: Warm Weather Vegetable Pot au Fee

I was skeptical - it was an awful lot of vegetables in one pot. And I was blown away. Blown clear out of the water! This soup was magnificently delicious! I must admit that Dorie's soups and I haven't always had the best of times together, but this one won my heart. I made half of the recipe and ate it over 3 days. And while the soup was definitely fabulous on the first day, it was also great two days later. I went without the egg, but will have to try it again soon with the egg. We've been having a gray, rainy spell so soup fit right in =)

6 comments:

  1. This was surprisingly good, wasn't it? I was pretty hesitant going in, but I am so glad I gave it chance. And I am loving the lemongrass now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it! I wasn't crazy about this one, but maybe I would have liked this better if I were in the middle of a gray, rainy spell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am thinking I will need to taste the leftovers :) I was hesitant but my family plowed right in and enjoyed eggs and all. Nana loved it but this is her cup of tea, so no surprises there. Always an adventure ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I, too, was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved this one. I figured it was just a plain ol' vegetable stew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely need to try it with the egg ... it was delicious! I was a little nervous about this recipe, too, but I will be making it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your soup looks lovely. So glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading each one!!