Friday, January 14, 2011

FFWD Week #16: Gnocchi a la Parisienne

I must admit - I had a tremendous amount of fun making this! Instead of dropping teaspoonfulls of dough into the water, I used a tip someone shared and put the dough into a piping bag and squeezed it out, cutting it into little pillows with a knife. I tried scissors first, but a knife worked better. For some reason, this was extremely fun =) I made the full recipe of GNOCCHI but froze 2/3rds of it for later. My sauce was VERY thick. There was no hope of pouring it so I heated it up with more milk until it was a pourable consistency. This was a very nice dish, very comforting and creamy. I used Emmenthal and I would like to try it with different cheeses.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had fun with this! Wish I'd thought of the piping bag method, but it was kind of peaceful making them by hand too. Your dish looks so rich and creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I froze most of mine, too. Love the photo - looks so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading each one!!