Thursday, November 18, 2010

FFWD Week 8: Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux

This was the first time I'd ever roasted a chicken or even bought a whole chicken! I love how this group is prompting me to try new things. I roasted this chicken for my family and it was ALL devoured. For some reason, my bread came out super soggy and mushy, but it still tasted great. I want to try this recipe again and not add the optional 2/3 Cup water and see if that makes a difference. The chicken was so pretty and crisp and golden when it came out of oven!!

7 comments:

  1. your onions look especiailly yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...the new things we try and the tips we learn are the reasons I joined this group. Since joining I have also found some very fun and creative and unselfish cyper-friends and I look forward to reading everyone's posts every Friday. Your food looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I loved this recipe and know I'll be using it for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your chicken looks lovely with all the roasted vegetables bursting out of the pot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I don't think your pot could hold one more oz of yummy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I loved all the roasted vegetables too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really good-looking chicken!. I made mine today and the bread was divine:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading each one!!